Modern Precast Concrete manufactures Reinforced Concrete Pipe (RCP).
Reinforced Concrete Pipe is recognized by engineers, contractors,
and specifying agencies as the most durable, versatile, and
economic of all piping products. Reinforced Concrete Pipe is
the standard by which all other pipe products are measured.
Check out more information from the ACPA
Watch the pipe get manufactured!
RCP features and benefits include:
- Application: Our pipe is
specifically designed for storm sewers, culverts, and detention systems.
- Size: Standard 8 foot lengths
in the following diameters: 15”- 18”- 24”- 30”
- 36”- 42”- 48”.
- 15” and 18” have small exterior bells
- 24” and above are “straight pipe” with
- Integrated Gasket Joint: Modern’s standard
RCP incorporates our innovative “integrated gasket”
which eliminates gasket installation in the field. Integrated gaskets,
small bells and straight pipe all contribute to increased pipe
- Strength: Modern’s pipe making technology
produces high strength RCP with densely compacted concrete.
This high density pipe is less susceptible to damage during shipping
and construction. Higher concrete density enables Modern to
dramatically reduce bell dimensions for both 15" and 18"
pipe and to totally eliminate bells at 24" and above.
- Mortar Joint: For jobs requiring in-field gasket installation.
- Durability: RCP has an economic life of 100 + years. Properly installed RCP is truly a “set and forget” product.
- Economical: Concrete pipe requires little or no maintenance and offers the greatest long-term value.
- Elliptical Pipe: Available upon request for jobs requiring lower trench depths.
- Fire Resistant: Concrete pipe will not burn.
- Meets ASTM C-76 requirements
- Meets AASHTO M-170 requirements
- Meets ASTM C-443 requirements
- Penn DOT cerified
- NJ DOT certified
- NY DOT certified
For more information, please call our Site & Highway
Division at 484-548-6200.